The agency is looking for individuals with the capacity and drive to deliver on the following job description:-
The engineer will be responsible and be guided by the Chief Engineer for the performance of the following duties:-
• Reconnaissance surveys of potential irrigation development projects
• Preliminary investigations and data collection on new and rehabilitation projects
• Design of rehabilitation and new projects including preparation of bills of quantities
• Preparation of Terms of Reference for engineering consultancies
• Supervision of construction works
• Operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage infrastructure, including pumping stations.
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:-
• Hold a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Agricultural Engineering (Irrigation Option) from a university authorized to offer the course.
• Be registered or eligible for registration by the Engineer’s Registration Board in the class of Graduate Engineer.
• Be ready to work in any part of the Country
• Posses the ability and commitment to work and give results with minimum supervision.
• Be ready to travel frequently to project sites on assignment.
Fresh graduates or those with not more that three years experience may apply and submit their applications, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials together with detailed and updated curriculum vitae with contacts of three (3) professional referees to the address below on or before 15th April 2011.
P.O. Box 49010, 00100, GPO
The organization is an equal opportunity employer and ladies are encouraged to apply.